For the most detailed and up to date information visit us at our additional website at:
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia syndrome (“fibromyalgia” or “FMS”) is characterized by diffuse muscle pain, poor sleep, and unrelenting fatigue. Over 10 million Americans suffer from fibromyagia. 80-90% of fibromyalgia sufferers are women between the ages of 25 and 45. Fibromyalgia has been documented since the 1800’s, but has only been diagnosed since 1987.
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
- Trauma, especially whiplash injuries
- Nerve interference
- Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis dysfunction
- Sympathetic hypersensitivity
- Emotional/physical/mental stress
- Hormone levels/dysfunction
- Chronic viral, fungal, or bacterial infections
- Sleep disorders
- Nutritional imbalances
- Food allergies
- Musculoskeletal trauma
What is the Fibromyalgia Solutions Program?
The Fibromyalgia Solutions Program integrates the most successful treatments for FMS into one “super” program. The program consists of nine major components.
- Chiropractic Care
- Diet and Nutrition
- Mental/Emotional Therapy